Overgrown Vegetation

Report Overgrown Vegetation

Report Overgrown Vegetation online or call (620) 791-5010


Overgrown Vegetation in the City Limits of Great Bend is a violation of City Ordinance 15.70.


The owner and/or resident of the property is notified and told that if the violation is not corrected the property may be abated. Governing Body approval for this action is not necessary. A violation is considered if vegetation at or above 12".

Overgrown Vegitation

If your property is in violation:

  • The property owner will be sent a notice to abate by certified mail allowing 10 days to correct the violation. If not corrected, the City will mow the property at the owner's expense.
  • Photos will be taken before and after the abatement
  • Owners will be sent a bill for the abatement costs payable within 30 days, after which it will be assessed to the property taxes.


After the first notification of the calendar year no more notices will be given and the City will abate as needed.

Additional Information

For more information, please call the Code Enforcement Division of the Public Works Department at (620) 793-4150.