How do I get my gas turned on?
If your gas has been off for a while, Kansas Gas Service may require an inspection. Prior to an inspection being completed the gas lines must be pressured while gauge is attached to check for leaks and pressure consistency. Licensed plumbers can complete this work and must complete the work for rental and commercial properties. Homeowners who occupy the residence may take out the permit, perform the work and call for the inspection. Structures may not be built over gas lines.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get my gas turned on?
2. Do I need a permit?
3. Can I build in a utility easement?
4. Do I have to be a certified tradesperson to work on my own home or a friend/relative’s home?
5. Who issues permits for work done in the public right-of-way (i.e. curbs, sidewalks, etc.)
6. What contractor’s licenses are issued by Building Inspections?
7. What certificates does Building Inspections issue to tradespersons?