Mission & Goal
Welcome to the City of Great Bend Human Resources Department. It is the mission of the City of Great Bend Human Resource Department to serve current and future staff members, showing support and encouragement while working to promote a positive and rewarding work environment where people choose to remain employed long-term.
At the City of Great Bend, WE BELIEVE our employees:
- Are the most important part of our organization and integral to everything we do.
- That they are skilled, competent, innovative, and,
- They aspire daily to be a part of something greater than themselves.
We demonstrate that belief by providing a culture in which all employees are empowered to best serve others, where their expertise and ingenuity are sought after and valued, where leadership is displayed at all levels of the organization, and where service to others is a hallmark.
The City of Great Bend Human Resource Department strives to
provide the City with quality personnel services in the following areas:
- Maintenance of position descriptions and compensation plans
- Managing benefits, policies, and procedures
- Keeping the City in compliance with federal and state employment laws
Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Great Bend provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals.
Employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. The City of Great Bend does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.