GENERAL PUBLIC INFORMATION
FEMA Public Assistance
(Click Here to Open Notice in a Separate Window)
Public information is handled through the City Administration Office. The City Attorney and Community Coordinator serve as the Public Information Officer (PIO) for the City of Great Bend.
The PIO along with city staff are responsible for a number of duties, including:
- Media relations
- Community education
- Website maintenance
- Great Bend Channel 20
- Internal communications
- Facilitation of public meetings
- Official Statements - The City Attorney is responsible for making official statements on behalf of the City of Great Bend unless assigned to a staff person.
- Public Records Requests - Public records requests should be made through the Great Bend City Clerk and are subject to various copying and handling fees.
- Maps - The Engineering Department is responsible for generating various available maps for established fees.
All of these various components of public information can be reached at 620-793-4111.
Public Information FYI
- Public Notification: Attached is the Kansas Water Pollution Control Permit & Authorization to Discharge under National Pollutant to Discharge Elimination System. To see full document click here, or come to City Hall as it will be posted and available by the front desk for 30 days from 9/9/19.
- Public Notification: Attached is the EPA notice of the Public Meeting that will be held May 18 online at 6pm in regards to the Great Bend Superfund site with Plating, Inc. English Notice - Spanish Notice
- To watch the video of the public meeting hosted by EPA click here: EPA VIRTUAL MEETING May 19, 2020
COVID-19 - Coronavirus Update:
Mask Mandate Issued for Barton County
Mask Mandate for State of Kansas -
Posted May 5, 2020
Posted April 24, 2020
Posted April 21, 2020
Posted April 17, 2020
Posted April 16, 2020
View Kendal’s Koffee at 1pm with Spanish Translator Here: Explore Great Bend on FB or view in page videos at same link
Posted April 15, 2020
Posted April 7, 2020
Posted April 6, 2020
Posted April 5, 2020
Please remember that just because EMS/Fire Teams are dressed like this does NOT mean the person has COVID-19, we are taking all necessary precautions!
Posted April 3, 2020
Posted March 31, 2020
Posted March 30, 2020
Posted March 28, 2020
Here is the link to the Kansas Essential Function Framework websitehttps://governor.kansas.gov/keff/ Please refer to it if you have questions about being an essential function.
Posted March 26, 2020
Local Community Development Block Grant Funds... See info Here!
Posted March 25, 2020
Posted March 24, 2020
Posted March 23, 2020
Posted March 20, 2020
Posted March 19, 2020
Small Business Resources email from Roger Marshall’s Office for Relief
Posted March 18, 2020
KDHE dedicated webpage for COVID-19 resources & Information - https://govstatus.egov.com/coronavirus
Senior Center Meals on Wheels Update - donations needed
Small Business Resources from Congressman Dr. Roger Marshall’s Office
- COVID-19 Poster & Flattening the Curve
- Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance Press Release
- Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance Handout