The City Clerk is the clerk of the City Council and is entrusted with recording and maintaining numerous City Records. The duties of the City Clerk include:
- Writing and maintaining the official record of the minutes of City Council Meetings
- Being the official custodian of the Seal of the City
- Updating the City’s Code of Ordinances
- Providing prospective City Council members with candidate filing packets
- Having custody of the public records of the City
- Ensures that tax exempt certificate is issued for appropriate purchasing reasons.
- Coordinating destruction of obsolete records Citywide
- Issuing Business Licenses
- Opening Records Requests – The City Clerk responds to the public requesting records through the Kansas Open Records Act. The Act determines which records are open to the public. Copies of the records will be provided to the public under the terms of the Kansas Open Records Act upon written request. The City will charge for its time and costs in providing the information.