Compliments and Complaints

At the Great Bend Police Department, we strive to provide the highest level of service. We value constructive feedback.

If you have any comments about an officer's performance, we'd like to know about it.


If you would like to commend an officer for their actions, you can do so by sending an email or speaking with any supervisor at the Department.


We strive to be a professional agency, and we want to know if you feel that you've been treated unfairly. If you would like to report a concern, there are several ways you can do so:

  • In person or by phone: This is the best way to file a complaint. The person taking the complaint will usually be a supervisor, and they may need to ask you follow-up questions to ensure that we have all the information we need to address your concern. You will also be asked to fill out a written complaint when you make an in-person complaint. This helps us with our investigation, but you are not required to do this in order to file a complaint.
  • By filing a written complaint: You can file a written complaint by obtaining the appropriate form at the Police Department. You may be contacted later so that the investigator can ask you follow-up questions. Although your cooperation isn't required to open an investigation, it certainly helps increase the chance that we can satisfactorily address your concern.
  • Anonymously: You can speak to a supervisor or submit a written complaint without giving your name or contact information. We take these complaints very seriously and strive to investigate them thoroughly, but please understand that it can be very difficult to investigate complaints when we can't get additional information from the complaining party.

Bias-Based Policing Complaints

Bias-Based Policing is addressed in Kansas Statutes, and special rules apply to these types of complaints. If you want to complain that you've been a victim of Bias-Based Policing, you can do so at the Police Department in the same manner that you would file any other complaint. The only difference is that we'll give you a different form to fill out.

Complaints of bias-based policing can also be filed with (and investigated by) the Kansas Attorney General's Office. We'll be happy to provide you with the appropriate form at the Police Department, which you can then send to the Attorney General's Office. Or, you can file the complaint directly with the Attorney General's Office by going to their website at